The vintage tee shirt has a long lasting place in style because it is much like antique furniture. It has a constant surviving style because it is not trying to be new. The boom in the trend has created a flood of new shirts that appear to be old, but they will not replace the true vintage shirt. A true vintage tee is all about being authentic and old. Newer shirts that look vintage are simply a novelty that will pass as a trend. The shirts that actually survive are ones from an actual place and time that someone might recognize.
The stylish part of a vintage tee for males is what’s behind the tee itself. Wearing something that is actually vintage shows a part of the personality and style beyond current trends. Women see this rebelliousness as confidence and security in one’s self. This is highly attractive to women who might see current trends as a passing fad that people just buy into. Anyone can walk into a store and buy what is on the mannequin. True style is finding something that you like and going with it. That is why a fake vintage tee is a fad. If you wear a shirt from a summer camp you went to as a kid, then you have an interesting story behind it. Wear your vintage clothing with confidence and it will never go out of style.
Stone age man seeking to protect his feet with the hides of animals in the form of basic leather sandals. These were very simple in design and were made of the same type of hide that these ancient men made their clothes out of. This style of rough animal hide covering continued until about 10,000 years ago when examples of straps or thongs started to emerge. The straps or thongs would be attached to a heavy study sole that was meant to protect the bottom of the foot.
As civilizations started to emerge the adapted that plant and animal life they had access to create new styles of sandals. Ancient Egyptians used papyrus and palm leaves to create their version of this ancient footwear. The Greeks and Romans used sandals in their everyday clothing as well as a part of their military uniforms. In India where the cow is held to be a sacred animal sandals are made of materials such as wood, ivory and metal.
Throughout the ages sandals have been a major feature in footwear but not until the 20th century did they become a fashion statement. Most major designers since the 1920s have turned out some new variety on the sandal theme. Sandals for men have remained fashionable since ancient times right down to today’s average beach bum. Active and hiking sandals have been introduced over the last 20 years. Women’s sandals come in every shape and size imaginable including high heeled sandals and wedges. Though they have changed very little in design since they were first made, sandals continue to be an important part of footwear today and don’t seem to be going out of style anytime soon.
1. Go for smart and comfy flats for work. If you are in full time employment it is likely that you will be working 8 hours a day, therefore having a pair of shoes that are comfy and don’t put to much strain on your feet is paramount. Heels may look good but if you are on your feet for any period of time you will regret them very soon. Two or three pairs of these shoes are ideal, and chose dark or medium neutral colours, this will ensure they go with any work outfit and wear end tear will not be as obvious with light or bright coloured shoes.
2. One warm-weather work shoe. Try and go for some open toed flats, or sandles if your company allows it. Getting hot and sweaty feet during the summer months can be very uncomfortable during long days at work
3. One pair of slingbacks in a neutral shade. They look chic with straight skirts and classic-cut trousers. They can be worn with bare legs or opaque winter stockings. Plus, they work well with formal and near-formal wear, they add sophistication to jeans, and instantly dress up a denim skirt and cardigan like nothing else can.
4. One pair of strappy dress sandals to wear with formal or semi-formal attire. They can sex-up a pair of jeans, too. Best colors: a mid-tone or pale neutral, including metallics such as silver or gold.
5. One pair of neutral-colored casual shoes for weekends. A woman can never go wrong with classics such as oxfords, moccasins, loafers, or clogs.
The multiple ponytails style consists of three base ponytails, but it is possible to have more ponytails if interested! Once the basic style of three ponytails is mastered, which normally takes ten minutes, you can improvise on it! If you plan on just having three ponytails, newly washed hair is great; but if you plan to add knots or braids, it’s better to work with hair that is not so soft. The hair has to be brushed to remove knots and tangles. Then all the hair from the top of your crown has to be picked up and separated into three even sections. Some hair from the ears below has to be left loose to flow around your neck. Each ponytail then has to be smoothened into separate mini-ponytails, and secured with either a hair bungee or elastic hair band. Once the basic multi-pony look has been achieved, you could use different braided or knotted styles. You could create multiple ponytails where no hair is left to flow down your back. Another choice is to have all the different ponytails coiled up and pinned on top of the crown to get a beautiful up-do of braids. You could also braid the center of the multi ponytails and leave the side ponytails unbraided. Then you could pin jeweled hairpins at the top of each ponytail, or experiment with different color scrunches to cover the elastic bands.
The variations with long hairstyles are endless. They are limited only by the amount time you invest in experimenting with different hair styles – and by your imagination.